December VRM Monthly Marketing Planner and Free Desktop Wallpaper Calendars
Welcome to December 2020! It is officially the last month of the year and the holidays are in full swing. For most people, the next few weeks will fly by at lightning speed. Help the holiday season linger a little longer with this beautiful (and free) desktop wallpaper calendar. We have also included excellent marketing tips and FREE quotes for you to use.
From everyone here at VRM, we want to wish you and your family the happiest of holidays. It is a pleasure to be you vacation rental software provider. We are looking forward to serving you in the months and years to come!
December Dates to Remember
- December 9 — Christmas Card Day
- December 21 — Winter Solstice (shortest day of the year)
- December 25 — Christmas Day
- December 31 — New Year's Eve
Social Media Tips
- Be sure to send a virtual holiday card via social media. Take a group office photo or take pictures individually so you can make your holiday greetings personal. You could also get a few of your staff members to submit a quote along with their photo, including a personal message to your guests. Want to take your holiday greeting to the next level? Have your staff make short personalized video messages that you can share on social media all month long!
- Share holiday traditions that are from your region. Those could be in the form of recipes, decorations, events, and more.
- Tell your social media audience about all the wonderful things they can do during the month of December (and winter months ahead) when they vacation with you.
- Create a "beach lovers", "mountain lovers", or "travel lovers" shopping guide. If there are must-have products for vacationing in your location, let people know. It may make the perfect Christmas gift for someone.
'Tis the season to share good memories, send tokens of gratitude, and Shop, Shop, Shop! According to Datareportal's 2020 Statistics, "81% of people search online for a product or service." Especially with all of 2020's unplanned events, online search is at it's highest concentration and demands a closer look at your Content Strategy.
Below are content strategy clean-up and planning tips to finish up the year:
- Utilize Google Analytics to view your most popular and unpopular blog posts.
- For Most Popular or Evergreen Content:
- Create similar or related content to what's most popular and don't forget to internally link between related blog posts.
- Understand "Searcher Intent": Google now tries it's best to understand the context for search queries. Run a keyword search on popular content and see what type of content is displayed. You may find for certain topics that users prefer list content instead of a content-heavy piece. Or for inquiries about pricing, you may find that users prefer table content instead of a list. The main point is, content can be delivered in numerous ways, but the structure of your content, whether it be lots of great information, list, table or even video, giving your audience exactly what they want is always a safe bet.
- For Low-Traffic or "Zombie" Content: Consolidate low-performing posts by moving it to an archived place where it doesn't get crawled. Or, if the content is related, try creating an eBook. Not only can the synergy of the content itself add more value to the topic(s), but it's downloadable and shareable.
- Analyze your Content Strategy and use your data from this year (and previous years if possible) to establish your Content Strategy for the New Year.
Ready to wow your social media audience with a few amazing holiday quotes? These free Christmas quotes were created by us (the best vacation rental software company ever), especially for you!
Download these beauties and share the magic of the holiday season on your social media!
Click on each quote to open it in a new tab at full size (1080 x 1080) and then right click and choose "Save Image As..." from the drop-down menu!
Free Desktop Wallpaper Calendars
This is the last desktop wallpaper calendar that you are going to need for 2020! There are just a few short weeks left in the year... weeks filled with the wonder of the holiday season. Take a moment to grace your desktop with this simple yet festive calendar!
Click on the image above or below to open the wallpapers in a new tab at full-size (2560 × 1600), and then right click and choose "Save Image As..." from the drop-down menu, and save it. Each major operating system has a different procedure for changing the wallpaper.
After saving the image of your choice, choose Apple menu > System Preferences. Click Desktop & Screen Saver. From the Desktop pane, select a folder of images on the left, then click an image on the right to change your desktop picture.
Locate the image you want to become your wallpaper and open it. (By default, it will open up in Photos.) Right-click or tap-and-hold it to choose either Set as > Set as background or, in older versions of Windows, set as desktop background.
Don't forget to check back next month for our new wallpapers, tips, & shareable quotes!
FUN & FREE!
Downloads, Quote Graphics, and Marketing Tips. Pin for later!